Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Member Spotlight: Pink Lemonade Bags


Name: Caroline Ritzer
Etsy shop: pinklemonadebags.etsy.com
Web site: www.pinklemonadebags.com
Blog: pinklemonadeboutiquebags.blogspot.com

What three words describe your design style? Trendy, stylish, chic

What's your favorite thing to sew/create? I love making bags and my favorite are my rag totes. I could literally spend my entire day shopping for fabric on the internet, scheming, I mean dreaming of how the totes will look when finished.

How did you get started crafting? I have probably been crafting since I was a toddler. If I could glue it, cut it, color it, add a feather to it~I did it. I have always loved all manner of crafting and creating. I have take pottery classes, American Indian beadweaving classes, as well as the requisite Art classes in school.

I started sewing when my daughter was born almost six years ago and instantly got addicted! I had one sewing lesson from my mom to learn how to read a pattern and then to make my first bag. Everything else after that has been self taught! At some point, now that I have a couple of mornings free with both kids in their school/preschool, I do hope to take the free sewing classes I got when I purchased both of my sewing machines. I also am owed classes to learn all of the amazing things my embroidery machine can do.

What inspires you? Beautiful fabric and gorgeous photography.

What craft have you always wanted to try but haven't? Quilting. My mom got a quilt kit for a Halloween quilt for me. The next craft on the list ... knitting! Then stained glass.
What's your favorite thing about being a part of Etsy? The people and sense of community.

Check out Caroline's Damask Boutique Diaper Bag/Tote (pictured)!

Show off one of your current listings: http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=14713496

2 comments:

Streamline Negozio said...

Visit www.streamlineservices.webs.com

We are here to help you in Fabrics, Apparels, & Home Textiles.

Streamline Negozio said...

Visit www.streamlineservices.webs.com

We are here to help you in Fabrics, Apparels, & Home Textiles.